Windy Ridge

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Anything New?

That's what bloggers are supposed to write about. I suppose. Is there anything new one has to say? I draw that conclusion from reading some of the blogs that appear on various websites such as those in Maclean's Magazine. Not that those who write such stuff really have anything useful to say.

Having said that, the question is one I should answer myself. And yes, there are two things that come immediately to mind.

After worship this morning, I had several conversations with members of the congregation and the minister which seemed to tell me how I influence how others feel and do. That does not mean that I can be proud of myself. It does suggest, however, that I can be grateful that there is an important element in my relationships with others based on an inner life of the spirit. That comes from grace, the gift of God. But it also comes from cultivating one's inner life. That is something I have been able to do more consistently in my retirement and something I did not take sufficient time to do during my working years.

The second thing is my concern for H. Financial issues seem to confuse her more than in former years. One aspect of this could be her short term memory lapses. Another aspect is the degree of anxiety with which she approaches financial matters. I may speak or write to D., make a further note of my concern and watch for further developments. I would have preferred paying for our taxes to be done by a professional as we did last year. She felt that it was too expensive considering that our deductions should have been simpler to deal with than last year. I have agreed to let her struggle with her own taxes while I did mine. It has been a very long drawn out and anxiety creating experience for her. Perhaps she will be more willing to let it be done professionally next year for the modest sum of $100 each.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home