Windy Ridge

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tempus Fugit

Yes, tempus fugit - but I am not worried. I have been as busy as I want to be and haven't taken time out to update this blog. Instead I have been reading others' blogs and searching the 'Net for about as many subjects as would fill a page.

The best word that I can write today is that my new CPAP system is getting me enough sleep comfortably and giving Helen even better sleep than she has had for years. I just over two weeks, on the 21st, I shall be reporting to the OTMH sleep clinic for another overnight stay to test how well I have been doing. On average, I use the equipment for about 7 hours each night, but I get about six hours sleep. I wake feeling much perkier than in the past. My only trouble is that I still have my habit of listening to the radio while going to sleep and whenever I waken through the night. That won't be possible in the hospital clinic, of course, so it might be best if I tried to reduce my dependence on it. OTOH, the baseball season has begun and I do like my ball games, even those broadcast from the west coast until 1 a.m. Ah, well, another day, another night. An afternoon siesta is still possible and welcome.

The saddest news I have received in some time came last weekend when we heard of Nancy Brown's serious illness from generally metastazied cancer. She is in palliative care in the Ottawa Civic Hospital. I have been thinking of trying to call Bill, although in his most recent e-mail to GAUC urges friends to call Nancy herself. Considering my long relationship with Bill, I think I would prefer talking to him. I shall try reaching him through Dominion-Chalmers Church where he has been in interim ministry for the past two and a half years. That is what I shall try to do now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home